August 22, 2011 Minutes

 

Monday 8/22/2011 Meeting

  

7:00pm @ the Pender Public School

 

Treasurers Report (Jill Anderson): $12,125.00 as of 5/20/2011

Jill stated balance is around $11k. 

 

Review list of expenditures since March (Jill Anderson)

Some items to date are State Track qualifiers, State Dance qualifying team, Banners, Records Boards, supper for Mac handout night.  Jill will put together a list for year end and publish.  

 

ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

 

TAILGATE

  • Review Home Game Dates

August 26 is the first home game followed by September 9th.

  • Who will coordinate and handle setting up for games

Chris and Terry will take care of ordering meat and buns.  Jill will take care of ordering other items.  Tables are at the field, Jill has the roasters, crock pots etc at her house.   An e-ml will go out to the parents for volunteers to help serve at home football games.  Time to get a new group involved. 

  • Ron will bring list of items needed

 

SHIRT – CLOTHING SALES

  • Kelly Ballinger handling
  • Put link online for shirt orders.  Denise has contacted Shawn Ippensen (programmer that built the Boosters’ web site) concerning putting a link for the order form online as well as a link to the new Booster Facebook that was created this week.  Denise, Kelly and Jill A have been assigned administrators on the Booster’s Facebook. 

 

BOOSTER ON FACEBOK:

  • Need link from Booster website to Facebook  - covered above

 

3rd – 6th VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE / SKILLS

  • Decide whether to do again for 2011Kelly will send an e-ml to several individuals who have been identified with children that the league will involve to see if they will head this up.  Kelly, Denise and Shelley will not be available to run the league this year.  Kelly will have an update by the next meeting.
  • Identify coordinator(s)

 

2012 NORTHEAST NE BASKETBALL LEAGUE

  • Will we do this again this year It was stated that we would reduce to only running two courts for this league, therefore reducing the numbers of teams to register.  Also, it was brought up that it will take more volunteers to help manage and organize.  We will also continue to offer the organizing and running of the concession stand to Junior Post Prom group for a lump sum donation to their group.  More to be discussed at the next meeting.

 

STATUS OF THE SCHOOL ELECTRONIC MESSAGE BOARD

  • Can the Boosters help get this functional?  Kelly updated the group on the current situation.  The company who installed the electronic board will be coming to take their sign back (no date or time specified) and Luv Signs from Norfolk is prepared to bring in another for us.  Kelly did not think any more funds were needed at this time as the original company is to refund any money spent already, which is only approx. 1/3 of what the total bill was. 

 

STATUS OF REQUEST (ANDY WELSH) FOR A BASKETBALL SHOOTING MACHINE

Booster Club is being asked to donate $4,000 towards the purchase of a basketball shooting machine for both the girls and boys BB programs.   However, Boosters would like to have an agreement that in return, when the Northeast NE Basketball league starts up, both head coaches, assistant coaches and their teams are at every Sunday League providing help with refs, score keepers and clock keepers as well as helping organize these positions.  Boosters feel this would be a great partnership to help ensure the league is successful for another year.  Kelly will work with Greg Conroy the A.D. and put this together in a letter.  Kelly will share with the Boosters for approval before it is sent to the basketball coaches. 

 

DISCUSSION - BOOSTERS REGISTERING AS A 501C NON PROFIT ORG –

It was agreed that this needs to happen in order to receive grants.  Denise and Chris will look into as the Summer Rec is also looking into.  (Denise and Chris are a part of Summer Rec) It is very important that one of the Pender organizations become 501C in order to apply for grants if not both.

 

UPDATES:

  • Booster web site payment process has been changed from Ron to be withdrawn annually from the Booster Bank Account.

 

Discussed proceeding with sending goody baskets or money with teams/individuals that qualify for state.  Jill would like to step back from preparing the goody baskets and have someone else step up to do this.  Denise will send an e-ml to the 7th grade parents in regards to this topic as well as finding new parents willing to grill and serve burgers at home football games. 

 

Terry brought up the need to show our appreciation to the volunteer coaches that donate their time.  Karen Williams volunteered to organize this and send thank you cards with a Pender Chamber Buck donation to the volunteer coaches as the activity starts up. 

 

Also, Kelly will check into ordering noodles, or pom poms or some item for all kids again this year.  She may check with Stadium Sports to see what’s “in” and go from there. We agreed to keep the cost below the $800 that was spent a year ago on the roll-a-banas. 

 

Also, decided to host a Booster Social at Schrieb’s Bar on Friday night September 23rd after the Bancroft Rosalie game.

 

Adjourned Meeting @ 8:00 pm

Next Meeting: Wednesday September 7th 7:00 School Cafeteria